Monday, September 22, 2008

Woo Hoo! I'm Back!

Hi to all my delightful blogging friends! I'm home again from my trip north to Hamilton. I had a great time with both my sister and my sister-in-law and we had "fun at the fair!" This craft fair travels all over Australia, and comes to New Zealand once a year. It was great to see some of the wares from Australia, but I really enjoyed the quilt exhibition and the textile exhibition which were showing. I've included just a few photos for you to look at. I am sorry if some are a little soft, and that I didn't have time to write down all the details.


This quilt (above) was made of used tea bags!







This quilt, (above and below) was made of saved Roses chocolate wrappers!


On the way home, the bus I was traveling on stopped at Rotorua for an hour, and during this time a maori culture group gave a lovely performance. Their voices were devine!

A big thank you to those of you who left lovely comments while I was away! I always love hearing from you!


Carole :)

1 comment:

Nona said...

WOW, Carole!! Lovely quilts! Did you manage to not Buy any?? I want the first one you posted ;-)